IVF success rate in India depends on various factors, including the expertise of the fertility clinic and the age of the woman. The success rate of IVF in countries around the world differs. The IVF success rate in India has been reported to range from 30% to 50% per cycle.
The article gives insight into the IVF process in India in detail. Let’s begin
IVF Landscape In India – IVF Success Rate And Optimization
IVF is a promising treatment for couples who face infertility issues. There are many other infertility treatments available, but IVF is one of the most common and prominent options among them. IVF is the best option to prevent the transfer of genetic problems to the child.
Various procedures involved in IVF can take a period of 2 to 3 weeks or more. IVF requires mature eggs from ovaries that can get fertilized in a sperm lab. The couples can use eggs or sperm from unknown donors as well. The chances of success in an IVF procedure depend on various factors. Some of the common factors include,
- Age of the female
- The primary cause of infertility
- Quality of the ovum, sperm, and the embryo.
- Other secondary factors surrounding the infertility issue that was being addressed.
- Changes in ovarian function
- Duration of infertility
- The type of infertility
- Post IVF care
- The technique used for the procedure
- The expertise of the fertility clinic.
- Past IVF treatments
Apart from all the mentioned criteria, there are a few other factors that can potentially alter the course of your IVF treatment.
Even geographical boundaries can cast a major influence on the rate of IVF success. Based on the above-mentioned factors, the IVF success rates in India range from 30% to 50% in younger women. The percentage has been increasing in the past few years, due to various advancements that have taken place in the field of infertility treatments.
Women older than 35 may face some troubles in achieving success in IVF. Optimization of IVF is possible if you invest a little effort in the following criteria.
- Maintain a healthy body weight. Obesity may reduce the quality of the embryo and its formation. 19 – 30 is the favored body mass index(BMI) for successful IVF treatment.
- It is better to follow a healthy lifestyle during the period of pre-IVF. Avoid excessive alcohol consumption, avoid smoking, and don’t do drugs. Eat a lot of veggies and fruits.
- Genetic screening before implantation will help in finding genetically superior embryos for implantation
- The type of IVF technique makes all the difference. Conventional IVF may pose some difficulties in some couples. It is crucial to find the right technique that is suitable for you.
- Find the right clinic and best fertility expert to treat you. IVF clinics are a vital part of the IVF success rate.
- Always seek the opinion of your doctor before you make drastic changes in your diet or daily routine. It is essential to maintain good communication with your doctor.
- Generally, taking vitamin tablets is extremely helpful, however, if you are undergoing IVF treatment, it is not recommended to take health supplements according to your wish. You have to take blood tests to determine the type of vitamin you need to take. Always consult your doctor.
- It is better to stay away from starchy and sugar-filled food.
Misconceptions Related to IVF Success
Your IVF treatment starts only after the completion of the mandatory screening and testing. IVF includes various stages like,
- Ovarian stimulation
- Egg collection
- Embryo Culture
- Embryo transfer
In each of these stages, your doctor will perform various procedures. In a nutshell, IVF involves intrinsic treatment methods. The successful completion of all the procedures involved in the treatment culminates in the success of IVF. There are some misconceptions surrounding IVF and its success. Let’s delve right into the details,
Multiple Embryo Transferring
One of the popular myths surrounding IVF is about the relationship between the number of embryos and the success rate. There is a misconception that transferring more embryos will help increase the rate of success. However, this is completely wrong. In the past, IVF has relied on the multiple transferring of embryos. IVF technology has improved significantly in recent times. IVF procedure no longer transfers multiple embryos. Doing it can increase pregnancy complications and miscarriages.
IVF Medicine Causes Cancer
Another misconception surrounding IVF is that medicines used to control ovarian stimulation can result in cancer. IVF is a popular infertility treatment that has fulfilled millions of hopeful couples’ dreams of having a baby. IVF medicines are safe. There are no studies that prove IVF medicines can cause cancer.
All IVF Clinics Offer Similar Treatment
The quality of IVF treatment can vary based on the clinics. Different clinics may offer different types of IVF treatment and IVF techniques. There is a possibility of differences in the quality of facilities and medical expertise.
IVF Can Be Done at Any Age
IVF is more successful in women younger than 35. IVF in women aged between 20 to 34 years have a higher chance of successful pregnancy. Women in their late 30s have a lesser chance of IVF success. IVF offers only 16% success rate in women over 40.
IVF Causes Abnormalities in The Child
IVF is not a treatment reserved only for infertility. It offers treatment for couples with genetic disorders. IVF is the best option to avoid the transfer of genetic abnormalities from parents to the child. Besides, embryos will undergo genetic screening to find any disorders before implantation.
Advantages Of IVF Treatments In India
IVF is a prominent infertility treatment all around the world. There are millions of well-known fertility clinics globally. Yet many couples prefer India for successful IVF treatment. There are many reasons behind it. A few of them include,
- The cost of IVF treatment in India is comparatively less expensive than other global fertility clinics.
- The cost of procedures varies according to the condition of the patients.
- Experienced medical professionals.
- High-quality facilities at an affordable cost
- Fertility clinics offer tailored services to overseas patients.
- Advanced techniques and high-class surgical facilities.
IVF treatment has undergone tremendous changes in the recent past. India is one of the leading countries in advanced IVF treatments. The success rate of IVF treatment in India depends on numerous factors. Even though the country has high-quality IVF treatments. The fertility clinics in India have been attracting foreign childless couples from all corners of the world. India provides effective IVF treatment at an affordable cost to everyone.