Make Sperm Health Stronger: Simple Methods That You Can Follow
Are you concerned about sperm count and sperm health? Do you believe that it is going to be a barrier to getting pregnant? If you are trying for pregnancy for the long term you might have come across the word sperm health and you will be wondering what to do to improvisation of sperm health. Male fertility is directly related to sperm health as well as sperm count.
Why Is Sperm Health Important?
Sperm health is a wide term that includes sperm count, quality, structure, and movement. According to health experts, a healthy man should produce almost 100 million sperm in a single ejaculation. A milliliter sperm must contain 15 million sperm. Even though only one single sperm can make the egg fertilized, there should be enough quantity of sperm to avoid missing a chance and getting pregnant. The healthy sperm is having oval-shaped head and long tail. The shape plays a vital role in movement and penetration. The sperm must pass through the cervix, uterus, and fallopian tubes for fertilization. The mobility of sperm determines pregnancy.
Health Disorders And Male Fertility
There are many health problems that can have a negative impact on male fertility. Any disorder or infection related to the hypothalamus or the pituitary gland may reduce the fertility rate as it affects the production of testosterone and sperm. Genetic disorders and sperm transport disorders can also result in the same. Age can also be a barrier. Studies have proven that the fertility rate is comparatively lesser in males after their 50s.
Diet And Sperm Health
It is necessary to include antioxidant-rich food items in the diet to improve sperm health. Folic acids are rich in antioxidants and they help to improve sperm count. Including beef liver, leafy vegetables, beans, peas, and fortified grains will be helpful. Lycopene is a carotenoid that is rich in antioxidants. Tomatoes, apricot, pink grapefruit, and watermelons can supplement Lycopene. Selenium is a naturally occurring chemical that is found in selenoproteins and enzymes. As Selenium boosts anti-oxidation, it is suggested to consume Brazil nuts, cod, beef, turkey, and chicken to boost sperm count. Vitamin C is essential for sperm count and sperm mobility. Kiwi, oranges, grapefruit, and red peppers supplement Vitamin C. Eating vitamin E-rich food items will also improve sperm mobility. Nuts, seeds, oils, and leafy greens are considered the best. People with zinc deficiency have problems with the quality and quality of sperm. Consuming zinc-rich food items like Oysters, crab, red meat, poultry, and beans can improve sperm count.
How To Improve Sperm Health And Fertility?
Here are a few habits that can be followed to improve sperm health and fertility.
- Sperm health and body weight is interrelated. It is necessary to maintain healthy body weight for sperm health and fertility. A person with an ideal BMI tends to have a healthy sperm count and sperm movement.
- You should eat healthily. Avoid junk food and refer to antioxidants-rich fruits and vegetables for sperm health. Bottled or packed food items may contain a preservative that spoils your sperm health.
- Relax and manage a stress-free life. Stress and anxiety are considered to be great barriers to fertility.
- It is very important to be sexually hygienic to make pregnancy possible and lack of hygiene may result in various Sexually Transmitted Diseases that cause infertility.
- Regular exercise will energize your anti-oxidant enzymes and they make a protective mechanism for sperm.
- If you are expecting pregnancy, you can’t be nervous about having sex. Frequent sex eases fertility.
- A medical condition that prevents pregnancy should be treated before you try for pregnancy.
Don’ts To Improve Sperm Health And Fertility
Here are a few things that you should not do while considering pregnancy. The following habits may have negative impacts on your sperm health and fertility.
- Avoid smoking. Smoking may negatively affect hormone production, sperm count, and sperm quality. It is suggested to quit smoking if you are planning a pregnancy.
- Excess alcohol consumption reduces sperm production and causes testosterone imbalance. Moderate drinking is not going to affect you. A few times a week can be accepted.
- Excess heat can restrict sperm production as well as movement. Occupational circumstances with excess health must be avoided if you planned to have a baby.
- It is recommended to avoid hot baths and hot tubs as they may increase the temperature of the scrotum and can have a negative impact on sperm production.
- Keeping laptops on your lap can also make raise the temperature of the scrotum. Better choose a table to keep them on.
- Everyday exposure to toxic chemicals can be harmful to sperm health. If you are continuously failing to be conceived, think about your occupation. Having constant exposure to toxic chemicals such as paints and varnished can cause negative effects.
- Studies have proved that painters, metal workers, and farmers who are dealing with pesticides are reported with poor sperm health.
- Avoid wearing tight undergarments as it compresses the scrotum and restricts sperm production.